• How long is my immigration case going to take?
    It depends on the type of case. You can check on the USCIS case status webpage at www.uscis.gov
  • How much are the fees?
    Filing fees are paid directly to the USCIS. Information on filing fees can be obtained with our office or contacting USCIS directly at their website. Legal fees are determined by the type of case (deportation, applying for fiancée visa, etc.)
  • How can I become a citizen of United States?
    Individuals who are not born as a U.S. citizen can receive citizenship through a process known as naturalization.
  • What are the requirements for naturalization?
    Lawful Permanent Residency Status
    A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States; Residence in a particular USCIS district prior to filing;
    An ability to read, write, and speak English;
    Knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
    Good moral character;
    Attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution;
    Favorable disposition toward the United States.
  • When does my time as a permanent resident begin?
    Your time as a Permanent Resident begins on the date you were granted permanent resident status. This date is on your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as Alien Registration Card).


  • I have just been arrested. What should I do?
    Don’t talk to anyone about the case except for your lawyer. Also, try to identify any witnesses who may be able to help you.
  • If I’m convicted of a crime while I am legally in the United States on a visa or as a permanent resident, can I be deported?
    Yes. Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, if you, a non-citizen of the United States, are convicted of an aggravated felony, a crime of “moral turpitude” or any one of a number of crimes in a third category (such as violations of laws relating to domestic violence, controlled substances and possessing a firearm), you are at serious risk of deportation.
  • If I am stopped for a traffic violation and the law enforcement officer asks to have a look inside my vehicle, must I agree?
No. The officer is asking you to give up your constitutional right to be free of an unlawful search and seizure. However, you give up this important right if you voluntarily consent to an officer’s request to search your vehicle. You do not have to agree to a police officer’s request to give up your constitutional right.


I was so lucky that Mr. Scheetz was my Immigration Lawyer. Everything seemed to turn from black to white after meeting with him. His immediate attention and action were extremely impressive. Thank you!

– Gina B.

I am so grateful for what Mr. Scheetz did for my cousin William J., he saved his life. And also he proved me wrong. My family and I are eternally thankful for all his efforts.

– Mike N.